It’s no secret that Maxene Magalona and her fiancé Rob Mananquil are music lovers. For the past two years, the couple served us with serious festival envy when they flew all the way to California to experience Coachella in all its glory. So right before these music enthusiasts got hitched, it only made sense that they opted for a festival-themed pre-wedding party.
Playfully titled #iROByouveryMAXX, the intimate celebration was held at Shangri-La, Boracay, where guests chilled inside bohemian tipis, bonded over boodle fights, and of course, listened to music. See all the details for yourself:
1. Staying true to the theme, the couple and the guests were decked out in their breezy, free-spirited ensembles, complete with flower crowns, sunnies, and even tamborines.
2. The cute bohemian tipis doubled as a “photo booth”.
3. The music festival-themed party won’t be complete with great music, courtesy of DJ Jess Milner.
4. This was definitely not a weekend to watch over one’s diet. Guests were treated to a true Filipino boodle fight of seafoods and grilled meats.
5. The venue was made extra-cozy (not to mention Insta-worthy) with lights, dreamcatchers, lanterns, and throw pillows.