More than the perfected flat lays and the enviable #OOTDs, it’s the selfies of Instagram’s most followed stars that make us quickly double tap our screens. They often make us wonder, “How do they do it?”. As we scrolled through their feeds, we realized that there’s more to it than just finding good lighting—following a couple of no-fail beauty rules help get the job done too!
1. A plunging neckline calls for dainty, layered necklaces. Thin strands of gold or silver give the revealing cut a chic streamlined appeal.
TRY THIS: 2-pack Necklaces (PHP 599), H&M
2. The highlight of their barely-there look? Chiseled cheeks, no less. Keep everything else light, and let your emphasized cheekbones do the talking.
TRY THIS: Shade + Light Contour Palette (PHP 2,812) Kat Von D Sephora PH
Silky and smooth, this contouring palette is easy to blend for natural-looking chiseled cheeks.
3. Emphasize a small part of the face to make a big statement. Known as “inner-eye strobing”, extend your highlight game (mix both cream and powder formulas) up to the inner corners of your eyes for peepers that pop.
TRY THIS: Pot Eyeshadow (PHP 1117), 3CE
4. Instead of a bold red shade, consider a matte, red-orange hue your new pick-me-upper. It strikes the balance between looking polished yet laid-back.
TRY THIS: Semi-Matte Lipstick in Heat Wave (PHP 1,316*) NARS Cosmetics
This semi-matte lipstick provides a full-coverage finish in a velvety shade.
5. Searching for a day-to-night combo? Go for a sleek updo and let the focal point be a pair of shiny, hoop earrings for a minimalist way to stand out.
TRY THIS: Hoop earrings (PHP 595) Bershka
- Aiming for a scene-stealing selfie? Go extra mile with your eyeliner. Keep it in thicker streaks to create a bold wing that isn’t going to get unnoticed.
TRY THIS: Magic Marc’er Precision Pen Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner (PHP 1307), MARC JACOBS BEAUTY
- If you’re leaning towards a no-makeup look, subtly make your eyes pop with a sweep of liner on your upper lash line.
TRY THIS: Black Gel Eyeliner (PHP 1273), 3CE